Maintaining Your Vehicle
Owning any type of vehicle of any year means owning a major responsibility. Cars are important to our daily lives so when something is going wrong, it can feel like a major inconvenience. That doesn’t have to be the case, though. When you take regular care of your car, not only will it last longer, but it will operate more efficiently. If you are in need of an oil change in , CA, contact German Performance. We are the leading experts you can rely on. Dial __PHONE__ to connect with us.
Signs You Need an Oil Change
The number one question we get asked is how do you know when to get an oil change? Changing out the oil in your vehicle is just as important as investing in an alternator replacement when needed. This service needs to happen every 3 months or every 3,000, whichever comes first. Since every car is different, though, it’s important to review your owner’s manual to know the specifics about your particular vehicle. That in mind, there are a few signs to look for when trying to understand when to schedule an oil change.
- Engine Noise: Oil helps lubricate and protect engine parts that work together. When there is little to no oil, these parts knock together resulting in grinding, knocking, and other noises that will be obvious.
- Dirty Oil: Clean oil will be amber in color but as it is used, it will become filled with particles and other debris. This results in oil that will appear darker in color. If you notice this when you check the oil, it’s time to change it.
- Smell: If you are noticing a significant oil smell when you are in the car, even when the engine is off, you likely have an oil leak. This could also indicate the need for an oil change, but it’s more likely a larger, more significant problem.
- Exhaust Smoke: Transparent exhaust vapor is always going to happen when you start your car. That’s normal. What isn’t normal is dense or obvious smoke coming from your tailpipe. That is more likely an oil problem that needs to be addressed.
- Excessive Miles: When you have driven quite a few miles over a month or in a short amount of time, it’s important to consider changing the oil in your car. Most vehicles need an oil change around 3,000 miles.
- Oil Light: And of course, the most obvious indication that you need an oil change is when the change oil light appears on your dash. Most modern vehicles have sensors that will tell you well before it’s too late that you need to check something.
If you’ve determined that it’s time to change the oil in your car, you’re probably wondering about the price. Oil change costs vary from place to place, but it will essentially cost you less than mold testing in your home. Changing, flushing, or replacing the oil in your car is incredibly important and should not be neglected. To schedule an appointment for your vehicle, contact German Performance today.
Why an Oil Change is Important
What does an oil change do exactly? Why is it so important for your car? These are great questions. When you are changing the oil out of your engine, you are taking all the old, used oil and replacing with clean, fresher oil. This is because as it is used, engine oil collects dirt, debris, particles, and more, making it less effective as a lubricant. If it remains unchanged, your engine parts can become damaged when they move together because of the lack of lubrication. More than that, your engine can lock and essentially become a block of scrap metal because it can efficiently operate. That’s why it’s so important to change your oil regularly and consistently.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does an oil change cost?
- It really will depend on where you go and if an oil change is the only thing needed. On average, a basic oil change should cost you about $46. In general, though, the cost could range between $25 and $50.
- How often do you really need to change your oil?
- The best rule of thumb is to change your oil every 3 months or every 3,000. It’s best to check your owners manual to know the specific mileage because every car is different.
- What does an oil change do?
- Changing the oil means you will be removing all of the existing oil and replacing it with newer, fresher oil. Doing so will ensure that your engine remains well lubricated and able to operate efficiently.
- How do you know when your car needs an oil change?
- There are several signs to look for, but the most obvious indication that you need an oil change will be right on your dash. Almost all modern vehicles will have a light that will let you know it’s time for an oil change.
- What happens if you don’t change oil?
- Several bad things can and will happen. Multiple parts will overheat and become damaged. Ultimately, your engine will likely lock up and no longer turn over. You’ll have an engine that can’t work properly.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
Rely on German Performance when you need an oil change in , CA. Call us at __PHONE__ to schedule an appointment.