If you have a broken down car, you likely dread the appointment with the mechanic. Sometimes, however, car problems simply require an easy fix. This is especially true in the case of newer cars, where the key components simply are not old enough to fail. If you’ve owned your car for many years, however, there exists a list of problems you do not want your mechanic to diagnose. These major repairs not only cost a great deal of money, they can also signal the end of the road for your car.
The Most Serious Car Problems
Occasionally, we get lucky with our car problems. There was simply a loose wire or gas cap, and your trusted mechanic went ahead and performed the fix free of charge. Other times, however, the source of car problems is a seized engine, or a failed transmission. When this happens, the expense of repair should lead you to seriously consider a new vehicle. To learn more about the most serious issues that a vehicle can face, consult the list below.
- Seized Engine from Lack of Oil: Improper oil maintenance has destroyed your engine.
- The Cost: $3,000 to $10,000
- Hydrolocked Engine: You’ve driven through water deep enough to infiltrate your cylinders.
- The Cost: $3.000 to $10,000
- Overheated Engine: You’ve ignored the signs of overheating long enough to cause major damage.
- The Cost: $100 to $10,000
- Failed Transmission: Old age, overheating, or aggressive driving has destroyed your transmission.
- The Cost: $300 to $5,000
- Broken Timing Belt: The belt was not replaced as recommended, and finally wore out.
- The Cost: $1,500 to $3,500
- Transmission Fluid in Brake Reservoir: A cracked cylinder has leaked transmission fluid.
- The Cost: $800 to $2,000
- Fried Computer: You’ve reversed the polarity of jumper cables to fry the computer, ruin the battery, and possibly cause an explosion.
- The Cost: $1,000 and up
- Worn Out Clutch: Aggressive driving and a lack of maintenance has burnt out your clutch.
- The Cost: $1,000 to $2,500
Local Solution for German Automobiles
At German Performance, we provide the service you need to address major problems. You can actually avoid most mechanical issues through the practice of scheduled maintenance, which we also provide. To learn more or schedule service for car problems in , CA, give us a call today at __PHONE__.